Careers at Roamers Therapy
At Roamers Therapy we strive to provide mental health services that are:
- culturally sensitive,
- LGBTQ+ affirming,
- evidence based,
- and trauma-informed.
If you are a psychotherapist and you believe that Roamers Therapy is a good fit for you, we have open full-time positions on a rolling basis and you can read about positions below.
About Roamers Therapy
Roamers Therapy is a psychotherapy practice based in South Loop, Chicago, Illinois.
Roamers was started with an abstract idea of helping individuals gain insight, purpose, and meaning through navigating identity. We understand how hard it can be to find a modern & down-to-earth therapist. As a result, we work particularly well with adult individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma, identity issues, and relational stressors. Roamers Therapy takes on modern, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed approach to psychotherapy to help individual navigate their mental health.
Roamers Therapy is seeking full-time fully licensed psychotherapists (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, or PsyD) and pre-licensed psychotherapists. We are looking for talented clinicians, who would like to work in a stable and professional boutique style private practice. Our ideal candidate has a passion to work with individuals and couples through an intersectional, trauma-informed, and evidence based lens. We know the ideal clinician is looking to contribute to a community of clinicians that primarily consists of BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals who provides mental health services to the same community they may identify with.
The ideal psychotherapist is not interested in the administrative / billing side of private practice, but on clinical work with adults (individual and couples psychotherapy).
If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to connect:
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy
- Active, unrestricted license (Phd, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT, or LCPC) in the state of Illinois
- Reside in Illinois
- Committed to modern, culturally-sensitive, trauma-informed, and intersectional mental health practice
- Be enthusiastic about psychotherapy and have a commitment to learning and growing
- Experience conducting psychotherapy to adults (anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship dynamics)
- Comfortable with a fixed schedule to promote predictability and stability in a trauma-informed way to clients
- Be able to sustain a caseload of 25-30 direct client hours with an expected average of 2-3 cancellations per week
- Open to supervise and consult with pre-licensed clinicians
- Contribute to a constructive and positive healthy work environment
- Willing to contribute to our blog and marketing outreach called “Therapy Sketches”
- Willing to get trained in evidence based modalities: Gottman & EMDR
We expect expertise in the following areas:
- Life transitions
- Career / Work related stressors
- Relational Issues
- Family Conflict
- Interpersonal issues
- Acculturation / Race & Ethnicity Issues
We offer amazing perks of joining us:
- Support in building your caseload w/ a steady stream of referrals
- Competitive pay
- 50% contribution to your medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO) and dental health (Guardian) care plan.
- Paid time-off (PTO)
- 401k plan & matching
- W-2 Employee status (not contractor)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Credentialing with Insurance Companies
- Schedule Management
- Strong Boundaries
- Fixed Schedule
- Employee Resource Page
- Specialized Marketing materials (Bio consultation, professional photography, therapy profiles, social media, therapy resources etc).
Simply fill out the form below including a short message explaining why you would be a good candidate and your resume.